Tuesday, July 5, 2011

arrived in Severobaikalsk at long last!


Okay, I'm going to do my best at writing a brief info update, rather than a full-on editorial. So, yeah, after the debacle that was my attempt to get to Severobaikalsk last Friday, I was on the verge of giving up going at all. Fortunately, my friend (and guardian angel, just about) Varya helped me set up a meeting with the sales manager at the Irkutsk ferry port, who agreed to let me take the Tuesday ferry at no extra cost. While my time here is much shorter than it was supposed to be, I'm still really glad that I came. I had a great night's sleep here at the hostel (on the first mattress I've had in months!), and the swaying-feeling in my head from the 12 hour boat ride is completely gone :) Anya (the local GBT coordinator) gave me the low-down on what we can do in these next few days. It's certainly action-packed, and I should be ready to hit the ground running! In fact, just writing here now probably is cutting into time I should spend running errands & touring the town.

'Till next time, Campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment